WHAT TO EXPECT IN OUR CAFES
UPDATE: Our COVID-19 Operating Procedures // Courtesy Guidelines for Dine-in
- Masks are required at all times unless seated. Please wear a mask to walk around the cafe.
- Please practice social distancing and remain 6 feet apart from others.
- Feel free to use our complimentary hand sanitizer located throughout the cafe.
- Do not move furniture from the designated area.
- Please remember tables are reserved for paying customers.
- Please use designated entrance and exit only doors.
- Since we're operating at limited capacity, please try and limit your dine-in visit to 1hr to give others the chance to enjoy the same experience.
- Each table has a copy of these guidelines. You'll notice one side has a large green sign on it, the other side has red. When you're done dining with us, please flip over the sign to signal to our staff that the area needs to be sanitized. If you approach a table that has a red sign, simply notify our staff and we will gladly sanitize the area for you!
Our COVID-19 Operating Procedures
- We use a daily COVID-19 Employee Health Screening checklist to screen all employees reporting to each day
- We require staff to wash their hands regularly and use hand sanitizer between hand washings.
- We clean and disinfect all work surfaces and common areas regularly throughout the day.
- We practice and enforce Social Distancing (6ft apart).
- Condiments are provided only upon request.
- Our menu is digital and can be found here or on our online ordering app.
- We highly encourage you to place your orders online ahead of time to help us limit close contact.
- We are not accepting cash at this time. We accept all major credit/debit cards as well as NFC payments such as Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- Hand sanitizer is available to all customers
- Masks are required in our cafés and outdoor dining areas.
Our Daily COVID-19 Employee Health Screening Checklist includes recording temperature checks via an infrared thermometer and attestation of the following:
- No known contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- No travel to or from a region designated by the CDC as high risk in the last 14 days.
- No experience of any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 7 days.
- A positive answer to any of these questions means they must stay home.
- Per CDC guidelines, employees who experience symptoms must notify their manager and stay home.
- Sick employees are encouraged to follow CDC-recommendations.
- Sick employees shall not return to work until the treating physician provides a release to return to work as per CDC guidelines.
- In the event an employee tests positive for COVID-19:
- All employees who had close contact with the sick employee (within 6ft for at least 15min) will be notified. Those with signs or symptoms must self-quarantine 14 days per CDC guidelines.
- The café will be deep cleaned and sanitized per CDC and EPA guidelines specifically pertaining to COVID-19.
- Operations will resume as soon as all safety precautions have been met.
For a complete list of what our promise is to you and what we expect from you as a customer, click here to see THE TEXAS RESTAURANT PROMISE. We have proudly partnered with the Texas Restaurant Association, to serve on a task force made up of a chain of independent restaurants and health officials.
Below is a list of each cafe's current status due to COVID-19.
- Alamo Heights - open for dine-in & take-away
- Medical Center - open for dine-in & take-away
- Leon Springs - open for dine-in & take-away
- Shavano Park - open for dine-in & take-away
- Sonterra - open for dine-in & take-away
- South Lamar - open for dine-in & take-away
- Seaholm - open for dine-in & take-away
- Triangle - open for dine-in & take-away
- Deep Ellum - open for dine-in & take-away
- Highland Park - open for dine-in & take-away